- Hubs are probably one of the most difficult parts on a bike. Palatina Works designed a lightweight Cross Country Disc Hub-set. Weight savings on this hubset are not realized by reducing thediameter of the axles and the size of the bearings. Some hub manufacturers go this way, in order to built light hubs. On our hubs, all parts are well dimensioned and built to last. Our customers can choose between standard or ceramic ball bearings. Another key feature of the hub is, that it can be easily disassembled and serviced. 9mm, 12mm and 15mm Axle solutions are available. Weight starts from: 111g (front) and 214g (rear).
- The hub body is made from forged 7075 T6 material - just a few manufacturers forge the hubshells with this material in order to get the maximum strengh out of the hubshell.
- All other hub parts, such as the axles, the freewheel body and the sidecaps are made from 7075 T6 material as well.
- The front and the rear axle have a diameter of 17mm at the bearing seats. Weight reductions were realized by removing axle material on the outside structure where it is not needed.
- Another feature of our hubs are the anodized axles, which prevent from oxidation and corrosion.
- The freewheelbody has 3 pawls, the gear-ring has 24 teeth. This configuration ensures a hub drive system which lasts. 24 engagements is a reliable choice which will still work after a certain usage, even the teeth and the gear-ring show a little bit wear. Other manufacturers strive for excessive engagement points. Due to the micro structure of the gear-ring and pawls, these systems tend to wear out quite fast and fail to work even just a little bit of water gets into the hub.
- Soon available are rear hubs with a titanium gear-ring and titanium pawls. This will reduce the weight of the rear hub by approximately 10G.
- The hubs are available with 28 and 32 holes.
|Weights||Front with 5mm||Front with 15mm|
|Hub type||for QR||for 15mm axle|
|Weights||Rear with 5mm||Rear with 142mm|
|Hub Type||for QR||for X-12 axle|
Front axle for 5mm quick releases
- Front axle with sidecaps to convert our front hubs to 5mm quick release system.
|Weight: 28g with sidecaps|
Front axle for 15mm quick release
- Front axle with sidecaps to convert our front hubs to 15mm through axle.
|Weight: 25.4g with sidecaps|
Rear axle for 5mm quick releases and 135mm hub width
- Rear axle with sidecaps which converts our rear MTB-hubs to a 5mm quick relase system with a hub width of 135mm
|Weight: 46g with sidecaps|
Rear axle for 12mm through axles and a hub with of 142mm
- Rear axle with sidecaps which converts our rear MTB-hubs to a 12mm system with a hub width of 142mm.
|Weight: 41g with sidecaps|
Freewheelbody XD / XX1 compatible.
- This freewheelbody is SRAM XD / XX1 compatible and fits to our rear hubs.
Freewheelbody Shimano compatible 8/9/10 speed.
- This freewheelbody is Shimano 8 / 9 / 10 speed compatible and fits to our rear hubs.
Freewheelbody Shimano 11 speed compatible.
- This freewheelbody is Shimano 11 speed compatible and fits to our rear hubs.